1. Often introverts have a greater appreciation for nuances, subtlety and understatement.
2. They listen and process information carefully - so their comments and answers have real substance to them.
3. They think deeply about matters, and genuinely care.
4. Most are pretty self-sufficient, and can cope with being alone. Thus, they actually benefit from solitude.
5. They don’t judge themselves by how others rate them. This means they’re able to focus on the work they have to do.
6. They tend to be selective in the friendships they develop – and so prove to be a loyal and an understanding friend.
Bad things happen to good people and it is the absolute worst.
Hi! Do you have instructions on how you did this? I would like to do the same with my kitchen curtains. We bought cream colored curtains and then decided to paint our kitchen cream with a blue backsplash. We just purchased new black appliances and have hints of stainless steel appliances. I just replaced the old white cabinet knobs with stainless steel. I am not the greatest designer, but I was thinking of painting my kitchen curtains with blue, black, and gray polka-dots. How'd you do it?
Asked by Anonymous
That sounds cute. I love gray and blue together. Have you considered adding yellow?
I purchased a drop cloth like this one that fit my window. I liked the weight of that fabric, and the fact that it is pre-hemmed! I did have to cut mine in half, then hem those two sides, but it’s relatively simple.
I purchased a sample of this paint and a foam brush to apply it.
I wanted the dots to look like they were falling into a pile at the bottom of the fabric. I don’t know how to instruct you to eye ball it, but that’s what I did. I stated at the top and placed the dots closer together as I worked my way to the bottom. I overlapped some, trying to make it look as random as possible.
- Put something underneath the fabric if you are painting it on a surface you care about.
- Press down firmly when applying the paint.
- I prefer the look of one color. If you are going to use more than one, I suggest putting the lightest color on first, then the darker on top.
- This is a bad explanation.
(they are referring to these curtains.)
I am exhausted. I need a vacation.
I’ve been working longer hours. There is no rush home that ends in you.
More of my nights are spent alone. The dog is little consolation.
My meals are smaller and farther between. Food doesn’t feel like a celebration when you’re not around.
Loving you has meant letting you leave. Then letting you come back and letting things be the same.
Love has meant finding ways to open myself over and over and over again. Distance makes the windows stick.
…Though there has been less laundry.
Another one of my friends married her love last night. Another one of my acquaintances became engaged. Another is pregnant. Another just gave birth.
I don’t know what it is about 24, but it’s happening to all of us.
Hungover now and hungover a year ago are two very different things.
My body hates fun.